Comparing C++ LINQ APIs

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:24 AM
Hello,

It's been a little while since Erik Meijer and Aaron Lahman and folks were working on what looked like a promising LINQ API in the C++ world. Also in the same breath, apparently an Rx / observable-collections variant, but that's neither here nor there at the moment.

To anyone's knowledge, did this vanish into the research ether? Or is it available, I could find it and give it a try?

Of course, there's also this API, which I think I may have a look at.

Thank you...
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2015 at 9:55 AM
IIRC RX contains a LINQ for C++ library called lx. However, I don't know if it's maintained anymore.

cpplinq was actually created a reaction to lx because lx doesn't allow for extensions.
Jan 17, 2015 at 12:40 PM
Good to know. Thank you for the history lesson.

Any plans to go 'reactive' with this as well? Might be interesting to extend somehow, with futures or something, I don't know...
Jan 17, 2015 at 2:16 PM
Also, to be fair, I don't know if they've worked out extensibility features. At least one video I saw, seems to indicate they might have been working on that. To what extent, I cannot say.
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2015 at 4:44 PM
I have done some experimentations with a push scheme as opposed to to pulll but haven't completed. FYI; C++11 has futures/promises.
Jan 17, 2015 at 5:11 PM
Re: C++1y, I do know this. Tis why I asked. ;-)